Direct Support Professional – Personal Care Attendants (50+ Years of Age)
Location (Louisiana): New Iberia, Lafayatte, Rayne, Duson, Opelousas
Arc of Acadiana provides support services to adults with developmental disabilities. Each client has an individualized service plan that each DSP will follow. The service plans are designed to ensure quality care is provided and also promotes maximum independence for our clients based on each person‘s individual capabilities and supports needed.
About Arc of Acadiana
We are a fun-loving and dedicated team that strives to provide excellent care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Located in Acadiana and Northwest Louisiana, our facilities offer a relaxed and nurturing environment for both the clients we serve and our staff. From great employee benefits to making connections with new people, Arc provides rewarding life and work experiences for everyone who walks through our doors. As a result, many staff members choose to make a long-term career here.
When it comes to being a part of our team, we look for people who are passionate about helping others. If you’re searching for a place to grow your career and make a difference, Arc might be the perfect fit!
About this Position
At Arc of Acadiana, we provide support services to adults with developmental disabilities. Each of our clients has an individualized service plan that details their unique care needs. As our DSP/personal care attendant, you will use these service plans to provide support for your assigned clients. The service plans are designed to ensure quality care is provided and also promotes maximum independence for our clients based on each person‘s individual capabilities and support needs.
Benefits* (for those eligible):
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays*
- Major Medical Insurance*
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Qualified 401(k) Plan*
- Employee Recognition Program
- Access to Pelican State Credit Union
Flexible Schedule Options:
- Day and night shifts available
- Residential group home and in-home work environments
- Rayne, La
- Duson, La
- Opelousas, La
- Abbeville, La
- Erath, La
- Delcambre, La
- Lafayette, La
- Bossier City, La
- New Iberia, La
- Assisting clients with daily needs such as eating, grocery shopping, dressing, and possibly bathing.
- Teaching clients functional daily living, working and social skills such as money management, personal hygiene and maintaining a clean home.
- Completing data sheets to show daily progress and support provided.
- May require accompanying clients to community events or doctor appointments.
- Assisting clients with administering medication.
- Training clients and communicating effectively.
- Bending, stooping, carrying and lifting light to moderate items to help clients.
- Showing a commitment to excellent client care.
- Showing compassion, a positive attitude, and being a team player.
- Being a positive role model for all clients.
- Helping our clients to live in a safe, healthy and clean environment.