LPN (Full-Time, Part-Time, & PRN)
Location: Bossier City, LA
LPN Support Urgently Needed!
LPN Full-Time, Part-Time & PRN Positions Available
$50 Bonus for 10+ Hour Overnight Shifts!
About Arc of Acadiana Northwest
We are a fun-loving and dedicated team that strives to provide excellent care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Located in North Bossier, our 45-bed residential facility offers a relaxed and nurturing environment for both the clients we serve and our staff. From great employee benefits to making connections with our clients, Arc provides rewarding experiences for everyone who walks through our doors. As a result, many staff members choose to make a long-term career here.
When it comes to being a part of our team, we look for people who are passionate about helping others. If you’re looking for a place to grow your career and make a difference, Arc might be the perfect fit!
About This Position
Our LPN’s primary role is to aid residents with daily living tasks, monitor their wellbeing and help them enjoy their time at our facility to the fullest. Currently, we have a need to fill LPN positions on both day (7a-7p) and night (7p-7a) 12-hour shifts. While we are seeking full-time help, we are also open to part-time and PRN assistance for both day and night shifts. At least one year of LPN experience is preferred, but all new grads will be considered! For PRN positions, previous experience is required. For all positions, a current LPN license in the State of Louisiana is required.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Full-Time Benefits (for those eligible):
- 401(k) Plan
- Credit Union Access
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Flexible Schedule Options:
- 12 Hour Shifts for full-time positions 7am – 7pm or 7pm – 7am
- PRN schedule varies
LPN Job Duties:
Charting and Documentation
- Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on appropriate form.
- Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, medication cards, and treatment/care plans, as required.
- Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to care.
- Record new/changed diet orders.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Sign and date all entries made in the resident’s medical record.
Medication Administrative Functions
- Prepare and administer medication as ordered by the physician.
- Verify the identity of the resident before administering the medication/treatment.
- Verify that prescribed medication for one resident is not administered to another.
- Verify that adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment is on hand to meet the nursing needs of the residents. Report additional needs to the Nurse Supervisor.
- Order prescribed medications, supplies, and equipment as necessary, and in accordance with established procedures.
- Verify that narcotic records are accurate for your shift.
- Notify the Nurse Supervisor of all drug and narcotic discrepancies noted on your shift.
- Review medication cards for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician’s order and adherence to stop order policies.
- Immediately notify the Nurse Supervisor and attending physician of any medication administration errors.
Nursing Care Functions
- Deliver and maintain optimal resident care and comfort by demonstrating knowledge and skills of current nursing practices.
- Promptly respond to resident needs.
- Make rounds with physicians, as necessary.
- Consult with the resident’s physician in providing the resident’s care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc., as necessary.
- Review the resident’s chart for specific treatments, medication orders, diets, etc., as necessary.
- Make periodic checks to confirm that prescribed treatments are being properly administered by DSPs and to evaluate the resident’s physical and emotional status.
- Administer professional services such as: catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercises, etc., as required.
- Review care plans daily to confirm that appropriate care is being rendered.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current state license.
- Excellent technical, assessment and documentation skills.
- Good Leadership qualities.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine care and interest in helping elderly and disabled people in a residential facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, PRN
Arc of Acadiana Northwest 5401 Shed Road
Bossier City, LA 71111 (318) 742-6220
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.