Have questions about the Arc of Acadiana’s Individual and Family Supports and Supported Living Program? Read on to find the answers to the most commonly asked questions we get about these programs!
1. Why Is Individual & Family Supports So Important?
EVERY INDIVIDUAL DESERVES OPPORTUNITIES TO REACH HIS OR HER POTENTIAL.
To reside, work, and recreate freely, with support along the way.
And because we are each unique in our own way, the supports needed for individual growth varies. Residential services give our clients the opportunity to blossom within community homes; others, within the framework of their own families. And others, while living independently!
Arc of Acadiana’s IFS/SL Program assists our clients in achieving:
… their own environment. Where growth is organic.
2. What Does this Program Do?
We enhance each person’s life while providing support for families who care for them.
THE ARC OF ACADIANA’S IFS/SL PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO:
- Enhance each person’s quality of life
- Provide support for family-members caring for our clients
- Train our clientele in skills required for living independently
- Create a custom-tailored program in accordance with each person’s capabilities and goals.
THIS PROGRAM VALUES SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
We encourage our clients to pursue individual interests and plug into social and recreational opportunities. Our clientele grow socially through creating friendships and lasting connections throughout their lives.
3. What Training Skills Are Provided?
THE ARC OF ACADIANA PROVIDES TRAINING SKILLS FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING OFFERED BY THE IFS/SL.
The skills included are:
- Accessing Community Activities
- Money Management
- Emergency Response
- Social Interaction
- Traveling Within One’s Community
4. What Waiver Programs Does Arc of Acadiana Offer?
- ROW (Residential Options Waiver)
- NOW (New Opportunities Waiver)
- LTPCS (Long Term Personal Care Services)
- CCW (Community Choice Waiver)
- SW (Supports Waiver)
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES SPECIALIZED NEEDS
We also care for individuals with specialized needs such as:
- Colostomy care
- Urostomy care
- In-waiver PEG tube-feeding
5. Who Runs this Program?
OUR DYNAMIC TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS RUN THIS PROGRAM.
Meet the IFS/SLP Team:
- 4 Qualified Individual Disability Professionals
- 4 Supported Living Coordinators
- 1 RN
- 1 LPN
- 2 Schedulers
- 2 Waiver Financial Specialists
- 1 Program Manager
- 1 Program Director
THE ARC OF ACADIANA SUPPORTS FAMILIES
Nearly 75% of Americans with ID/DD live within the family home. According to The Arc’s Family and Individual Needs for Disability Supports (FINDS) survey, the majority of family caregivers provide more than 40 hours of care for their loved one with disabilities each week (including 40% who provide more than 80 hours of care each week)!
THESE FAMILIES NEED SUPPORT!
Through the Individual and Family Supports/Supported Living Program, Arc of Acadiana responds directly to this need!
In fact, in South Louisiana, Arc of Acadiana cultivates 170 clients through this program!!!