Supported Living Coordinator / Field Supervisor
Location: New Iberia, LA
Arc of Acadiana provides support services to adults with developmental disabilities. Each client has an individualized service plan that each DSP will follow. The service plans are designed to ensure quality care is provided and also promotes maximum independence for our clients based on each person‘s individual capabilities and supports needed.
Under the general direction of the Program Manager, the Coordinator supervises the Direct Support Staff who provide training, assistance and support to individuals with developmental disabilities in supported living situations. The Coordinator will train the Direct Support Staff and provide guidance and leadership to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as licensing regulations. The Coordinator is the core of the delivery of supports services. His/her job is also to coordinate all support services and to directly provide for opportunities that will increase the competency of each person served to do things for himself/herself, to the extent possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or a related field or minimum of one yea related experience working with developmentally disabled population.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes some nights and weekends and a rotating on-call schedule.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong problem-solving ability to learn various tasks and work independently
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, dependable insured vehicle
- Must have a working cell phone with data package to be able to clock in and out electronically
- Creative in devising new, innovative approaches to supporting people with developmental disabilities
- Must be a compassionate and patient person with strong oral/written communication skills
- Basic computer skills